According to statistics, almost 15 million surgeries take place every year in Germany. This figure is one of the highest in the world regarding per capita income. Also, it is found that doctors spend almost 4 hours a day, just on documentation.
- The most trivial finding in this scenario is no one is aware of the quality or the success of the treatment provided to a patient.
- Heartbeat Medical provides a web based software which can document the medical procedure as well as track the outcomes of the medical assistance provided.
- It also provides a dynamic form for adequate documentation which brings about quality management through a proper feedback framework into a single system.
- Moreover, it helps to assess the quality of treatment and patient care in a productive and regulated manner.
|Recommended for you|
|Virtual reality in health care|
|10 Digital health technologies empowering patients|
|Digital health revolution across Europe improves health care|
With the advent of digital technology and with digital healthcare sector growing by leaps and bounds all around the world, the fact of the matter is, doctors all over the world use paper for documentation of their patients’ medical details, be it medical reports, pre-existing medical conditions, etc.
- In comparison to the state of the art medical procedures and cutting edge technology, documentation using paper seems primitive.
- The company provides software for doctors to write on, just like they do on paper, instead, here they would have to use a tablet.
- The software incorporates features like voice to text module, interchangeable templates, easy to use graphical user interface and easy accessibility of medical records.
- Klinify is divided into two platforms- Web and Tablet.
|Nurses-Patient profiles can be uploaded using the web platform as needed by the concerned doctor.||Doctors- Increases readability and improves the documentation process efficiency.|
Lastly, in the long run, the company aims to consolidate structured data from the Klinify platform and offer clinical support using Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics.
The sense of hearing is undoubtedly one of the most important senses of the human anatomy and is easily neglected. This startup deals with the discussion aspect of human health. The World Health Organization (WHO) considers hearing loss to be a pandemic with almost 650 million people affected by it worldwide, and only 0.0025% get proper treatment for it.
- Loss of hearing is a stigma in itself and can lead to poor social life, social anxiety and even dementia.
- The startup has developed an app with tests the hearing capability of an individual, so as to check if the person’s age is matching with the hearing ability.
- The app also incorporates a sound enhancement technique, which processes music in a unique way such that, depending on the age groups the music is attuned.
- Lastly, a personalized hearing concept is proposed by the company which can be used in real-time verbal communication applications. The sound will be processed in a 3D space and will be refined according to the individuals’ hearing needs and abilities.
Healthcare accounts for almost 5% of the total Google search on the internet. A whopping 14 million search inquiries in the field of healthcare come from Germany alone. The questions are mostly based on information about diseases, symptoms, treatment plans and prevention techniques. The results of these searches are primarily text-based, which makes it incredibly dull and uninteresting.
- To make this information more accessible and appealing, a different via media can be used.
- This startup is newest among the lot and uses interactive communication solutions and infographics explaining complex topics to a wide range of audience.
- A patient-centric video database is developed which makes understanding of the idea more profound.
- Using a distinguished advisory panel comprising members of different disciples like a general physician, dentist, dermatologist, etc., short videos have been developed explaining diseases, side-effects, and treatment approach.
- The target sector is up-and-coming and can be used for internal (within the organization) as well as external purposes. Eg Sales and Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility (Internal), Pharmaceuticals, Government agencies, NGO (external).
An estimated 17.5 million people died from CVDs in 2012, representing 31% of all global deaths. Of these deaths, an estimated 7.4 million were due to coronary heart disease and 6.7 million were due to stroke. Every 15 minutes a person dies due to stent failure, which makes it an extremely alarming figure.
- After the process of stent implantation, an anti-thrombotic treatment is given to the patient. This procedure is adopted to reduce the formation of blood clots (thrombi) in the stent walls.
- Antithrombotics can be used therapeutically for prevention (primary prevention, secondary prevention) or treatment of a dangerous blood clot (acute thrombus).
- The inhibition arising in the minds of the patients who undergoes this procedure is the duration of the anti-thrombotic treatment. This is because antithrombotic drugs can be lethal in the wrong dosage.
- Different countries have different set standards for the duration of the anti-thrombotic treatment, but globally there is no universal standard.
- The startup proposes a device which monitors the healing process through state of the art sensors. These sensors can communicate with the data receiver and help to distinguish among different types of cells, providing the precise status of cellular recovery.
- The prototype of this product has been made and has been tested in a laboratory.
- The market for this kind of a product is quite big, with 5 million new implants every year and with US and Europe providing the majority market share.
This startup deals with the most common yet ignored health issue of the modern society, social anxiety. Social anxiety affects almost 18% of the world population, and only one-third of affected strata seek medical assistance. The conventional therapy for anxiety and phobia includes exposure therapy, which is a systematic step by step approach towards desensitization of the fear.
- The fundamental concept behind exposure therapy is imagination. The vivid imagination of the feared object, situation or activity using photos and videos can be an effective solution. Unfortunately, 25% of the patients fail in the invention of the subject, and the entire process can be expensive and time-consuming.
- The concept of exposure therapy is intriguing and practical, but the methodology needs to be revamped.
- Psious provides a platform which takes treatment beyond imagination and its traditional boundaries. It uses virtual reality to improve the treatment of people suffering from paranoia, phobia, and anxiety.
- The device prototype is a mobile integrated system and is extremely user-friendly. The entire session has been put onto the cloud which is controlled by the therapist or psychologist through the patient management platform.
- Finally, the integration of bio-feedback sensors helps to achieve a more objective measurement of the psychometric analysis.
|S.NO||Startup Name||Technology||Medical Conditions||Research Areas|
|1.||Heartbeat Medical||Software solutions for effective documentation||General Health||Medical/Clinical
|2.||Klinify||Software solution for paperless model of patient records||General Health||AI ,Data Analytics and Cloud for clinical support|
|3.||Mimi Hearing||Mobile Application for people suffering from hearing loss problem.||Hearing Loss||Sound processing and app development|
|4.||MediPedio||Video Technology for providing information to patients||General Health||Video and Graphic design for information|
|5.||Instent||Sensor technology to transmit data from the stent.||Cardiovascular Diseases||Prototype for sensor based stent technology|
|6.||Psious||Virtual Reality for treating social Anxiety||Social Anxiety||Virtual Reality, Cloud platform development|
Upload Date: 3rd December 2015
Video code: RS171115 03