The goal of this project is to develop and test an interactive health portal that helps users achieve sustainable, healthy living habits. The project positively enhances everyday practices which in the long term improve the individual user’s health resulting in greater work productivity and increased life span.
- Alcohol management, chronic diseases, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, professional health care, rehabilitation and social health are some of the verticals covered by this application.
- Additionally, the retention ability of the consumer base is also taken into account by reviewing individual marketing strategies to promote the mobile application.
This project is in collaboration with the University of Copenhagen and a Danish pension company focusing on inequality of life.
- It is specifically for social health care assistance in Denmark, as the employees have the highest absence of work.
- This application is designed to consumer specific regarding the design layer, content, functionality, and communication.
- The results are auspicious, and the target group size of the application is set to increase in the next phase of the project.
|Recommended for you|
|New insights from digital biomarkers|
|Genome sequencing at homes|
|Preventive health care|
This project is a collaboration between the Danish Arthritis Union and largest rehabilitation center in Denmark and specifically deals with restoration.
- It is an interactive platform targeted at patient’s arthritis treatment and occupational therapy.
- The program enables a remote dialogue between the therapist and the patient while increasing compliance and productivity.
- It also incorporates smart algorithms which help the training modules evolve, based on the patients’ performance.
A web and mobile based support program for patients suffering from chronic diseases taking natural medicines.
- This application guides users on their medication in a timely and efficient manner. It also can be used to connect with the doctors and nurses outside the hospital, providing better patient care and overall experience.
It is a patient engagement and self-health assessment program for Type-2 diabetes patients. The application targets elderly patients with high-risk factor and chances of morbidity. The exclusive content and functionality supports, informs and provides a personal toolbox with plans, strategies, and logs to ensure compliance. It combines healthy lifestyle habits and disease management to create better results for Type-2 diabetes. It is a perfect epitome of digital health technology improving people’s lives in a transformative way.
This program targets type-1 diabetes patients among the youth. Since it is a target specific application, data has shown that quite a large percentage of youth affected by diabetes lack the technical knowledge and know-how about the disease. This platform provides the necessary information in an easily accessible format which can increase compliance drastically.
To improve the health care systems, diversification is essential. This helps to target specific groups of people and come up with personalized solutions to their problems. Integration of these mobile applications into the health care system is critical along with bridging the gap between information technology and clinical trials.
Self-health assessment and monitoring
Dr. Holger Muehlan
Health outcome assessment and monitoring from an evaluative health technology perspective is essential. The technical knowledge and personal health assessment are the areas that should go hand in hand. It is important that knowledge should be readily available to establish a balanced portfolio. Physical and psychological aspects also need to be taken into account along with the social characteristics of an individual.
Raising awareness and knowledge transfer about health issues has the potential to empower and encourage the people into leading healthier lifestyles. For example changes in health behavioral risk factors. Health content information can be regarded as raising awareness, and through this, the changes in behavioral health can be considered as an improvement of health competence.
The standardization of integration of the research and the processes developed to reach out to different target groups is imperative in the present world scenario.
Self-health assessment is just a stepping stone in the field of health and fitness mobile applications. The future, however, is quite promising as the use of cognitive functions and artificial intelligence can prove to be revolutionary regarding self-health assessment and monitoring.
Date of Upload: 3rd December 2015
Video code: RS161115 07
Image credit: www.istockphoto.com